Of course, your pet's health is important to you, and if you want to make…
Does your pet have special food needs? Have you been looking for a pet food that you can feed your pet without having your pet react violently or become lethargic? Home-made pet food recipes may be your answer. You can make food for your pet yourself that may be safer for your dog or cat to digest.
Cats enjoy eating a variety of foods ranging from protein to carbohydrates. However, as cats are obligate carnivores, they actually thrive when part of their diet comes from protein-rich animal foods such as salmon, tuna, chicken, turkey and beef. While protein is the main energy source, cats can also eat eggs, grains, vegetables and fruits. Some non-meat foods are easier for cats to digest than others. If your cat gets picky or bored with her usual meals, you can entice them by concocting some tasty cat food recipes. These types of homemade cat foods tends to have a lot of variety of flavors that your pet cannot resist.
Dogs love biscuits, but are often not able to digest these treats due to grains that may be harmful to the digestive system of some dogs. And, snack foods for dogs can be hard to find when you want to feed your canine food that is all natural. You can make your own dog biscuits using some pet food recipes that include ingredients like cornmeal and wheat germ. You can also use meat flavored baby food for the biscuits in order to give your dog the protein that is necessary for a balanced meal. You can store the biscuits in a container overnight after baking them, and they usually last a few days depending on your dog’s appetite!
There are also supplements and vitamins that you can give your pet in order to ensure their nutrition. For instance, certain oil supplements that are created with dogs in mind give your pet a shiny coat and healthy teeth, and you can find these pet-friendly vitamins for felines as well. As you can see, some dog and cat food ingredients include some of the things that are healthy for adults as well, so you can use your own diet in some cases to figure out what would be safe for your pet to eat.
Yummy Cat Food Recipes
Here are some tasty cat food recipes you can easily prepare that your cat cannot resist no matter how finicky he or she is.
1. Sardine Dinner
- Put 1 can of sardines, 2 tablespoons of cooked and mashed carrots, and 1/3 cup of cooked oatmeal in a bowl.
- Mash all the ingredients together to come up with a tasty sardine feast.
2. Salmon Dinner
- Combine 1 of can salmon, 1 tablespoon of mashed broccoli, ¼ cup of whole bread crumbs and 1 teaspoon of brewer’s yeast in a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients into a delicious salmon dinner ready to serve.
3. Chicken and Tuna Dinner
- Put 1/2 cup of cooked chicken meat, 1 can of tuna, 1 tablespoon of cooked and mashed carrots, and 2 tablespoons of brown rice in a bowl.
- Pulse all the ingredients until blended and ready to serve.
You can keep any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to three days.
Delicious Dog Food Recipes
1. Beef & Veggie Dinner
- 2 pounds of ground beef, 1 cup of brown rice, 1 can of rinsed and drained red beans, 1 cup of diced carrots, 1 cup of chopped butternut squash and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cook the rice and beef until tender.
- Steam the red beans, carrots and butternut squash. When finished, drain off excess liquid. Add olive oil to the vegetable mix and stir.
- Mix the rice, beef and vegetables in a bowl. Let it cool fully before serving. Put the remaining in the freezer.
2. Chicken and Veggie Dinner
- 2 pounds of chicken thighs and breasts, 1 can of rinsed and drained red beans, 1 cup of cubed sweet potatoes, 2 chopped carrots, 2 cups of frozen green beans and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cook the chicken pieces until tender.
- Steam the red beans, potatoes, carrots and green beans. When done, drain off excess liquid. Add olive oil to the vegetable mix and stir.
- Combine the vegetables with chicken meat in a container. Let it cool completely before serving. Keep the remaining in the freezer.
3. Turkey and Veggie Dinner
- 2 pounds of lean ground turkey, 2 chopped carrots, 1 cup of chopped broccoli, 1 cup of chopped cauliflower, 1/2 cup of sliced zucchini and 2 tablespoons of olive oil.
- Cook the turkey meat in a large skillet until tender.
- Steam the carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and zucchini. Drain off excess liquid. Add olive oil to the veggie mixture and stir.
- Add the veggie mix to turkey and stir to combine. Let it cool before serving. Put the remaining in the freezer.
If your beloved pet is finicky, you can experiment with different ingredients in preparing recipes until you get it done just to your pet’s liking.